Professor in Ethology, Applied Ethology and Animal welfare at the University of Namur
– D.V.M. in 1991, from the University of Liège (Belgium)
– PhD in Veterinary Sciences in 1999, from the University of Namur (Belgium), on the ontogeny of dogs’ behavior
– Diplomate of the Veterinary European College Animal Welfare and Behavioral Medicine (subsp. Animal Welfare, Science and Law)
– Prof. in Ethology, Applied Ethology and Animal welfare at the University of Namur, since 2009
Teaching and conducting researches on human-dog relationships
– Vice-president of the National Animal Welfare Council, from 2009 to 2014 (Reform of the State).
– President of the Walloon Animal Welfare Council, since July 2015 which is an advisory body about all questions related to companion and farm animals welfare questions from the society, the authorities or Council members, including educative collars in dogs, tail-docking in horses, cat overpopulation management, ritual slaughtering